Tomato Prawn Curry
Last Sunday I visited the ukkadam fish market. Prawns was good and little bigger. I bought 2 kgs. When I reached home I got a call about my friend's visit to invite us for her wedding. She was coming all the way from Cochin for visiting us. So I was thinking what to make for lunch. She was on a no-rice diet to maintain her weight for her wedding.
Keeping her in mind I made this as it goes well with steaming hot rice and puffy phulka as well. The lunch menu was rice, phulka, salad, tomato prawn curry, curd rice and gulab jamun. After lunch, she wanted the recipe very badly! So this is specially for you Ree...
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 1 hour 5 min
- 2 kg Prawns
- 500 g Tomato (Red and ripe)
- 3 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 5 tbsp Refined sunflower Oil
- 3 nos Green Chilly (Slit)
- a handful Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- as required Salt
- Clean prawns and marinate with red chilly powder and turmeric (do not add salt). set this aside for 30 minutes.
- Grind tomatoes to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a wide pressure pan.
- Add curry leaves and green chilly. Fry well till crisp.(Curry Leaves)
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add tomato Paste, salt and marinated prawns.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Once pressure comes down, transfer Tomato Prawn Curry to a serving bowl.
- Tastes heavenly with rice or roti.