Kerala Style Spicy Egg Curry
I was tired yesterday evening. The day was kind of not-so-good for me. I was dragging myself to the kitchen. I did not feel like cooking at all. I always do this- when I feel bad, I take a big slab of chocolate and watch some good movie eating the bar at one go. It just eats away my stress and worry.
I went home with a bar chocolate actually. But then when I was gazing at the shelf and wandering what to do, my son came to me running and said "mom I need egg curry and dosha!" How can you say no to a cute 4 year old. He then hugged me and gave me a kiss and said, how long will you take to make egg curry! My bad mood just vanished and I put on my apron to make this yummy egg curry which my little one enjoyed. I guess blogging is a wonderful stress buster (I actually clicked pics despite all the mood swings :) )
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 springs Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilly (Crushed)
- 1 cup Onion (Fine Chop)
- 1 cup Tomato (Fine Chop)
- 2 tsp Red chilly Powder
- 4 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 100 ml Water
- as per taste Salt
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- Heat a kadai with oil.
- Fry curry leaves until crisp.
- Add crushed ginger-garlic-greenchilly paste.
- Fry them well. add fine chopped onions.
- Add salt and fry well till onion caramelizes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for few minutes.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and water.
- Let the gravy boil for 2 mins.
- Add hard boiled eggs and coriander leaves.
- Cover the gravy and simmer the flame and let it cook for 2 more mins.
- Transfer to serving bowl and some more coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with roti.