This is again kids approved recipe. It is less spicy and very much flavored with mint and coriander that kids would eat spinach without fuss. The pulao was yummy even after 3 hours of cooking, thus proving a good lunch box idea too.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup (Loosely Packed) Palak (Spinach) Leaves
- 1/2 bunch Coriender Leaves (with stalk)
- 1 cup Mint Leaves (only leaves)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 4 cups Water
- 50 ml Sunflower Oil
- 50 ml Ghee
- 1 cup Thin Sliced Onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- few Cinnamon, clove, cardamom
- 3 tbsp (for garnishing) Fried cashew (optional)
- as per taste salt
- 2 nos Green Chilly
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 50 ml (for grinding) Water
- Heat oil and ghee in a wide pressure pan.
- Fry cinnamon, clove and cardamom for a nice aroma.
- Add onion, salt and ginger garlic.
- Fry well till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste vanishes and onion caramelizes.
- Meanwhile grind palak, coriander,mint green chilly and cumin with 50 ml water to a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to the pan and fry for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of water and check salt now.
- Let water boil well.
- Now wash 2 cups of basmati rice and add it to the pan.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once pressure comes down, open and stir gently.
- Garnish with cashew and serve hot.