Mixed Veg green Peas Pilaf
This recipe is best suited for children. It is rich in taste with lots of fried veggies and ghee roasted cashew. The rice has good aroma and my little one enjoyed relishing the dish. A tiny tip for parents who are worried of picky eaters just like mine. Give them pilaf fried rice which is made then and there and give them (instead of reheated ones) there is definitely a good difference in food consumption.
Add minimum 3 veggies per rice dish. Do not repeat any kids approved dish for minimum 5 days. Include more variety.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups (300g approx) Double Deer Silver Basmati Rice
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Carrot & Capsicum (Fine chopped)
- 1 Onion (Slices)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp Rice Bran Oil
- 3 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 inch piece Cinamon
- 3 nos Clove
- 2 nos Cardamom
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas
- as required Salt
- 2 tbsp Fried Onion
- 4 tbsp Fried Cashew
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for 15 minutes only.
- After 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker (3.5 L capacity will be enough) with oil.
- Roast cinnamon, clove cardamom.
- Add sliced onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for a couple of minutes till the raw smell leaves and onions caramelizes.
- Add carrot, capsicum, green peas, salt and rice and fry the whole mass for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add ghee while frying.
- Add 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Put off the flame and let the pressure come down.
- Open the pressure cooker and stir gently.
- Garnish with fried onions and cashews.
- Serve hot with raita.