Okra Fry | Vendakai Varuval
Well now that I have a new task of making vegetables in tasty, healthy and less hot version to make my son eat is a challenge. The first success for the Vandakai Varuval. The okra or the lady's finger fry. Before I get into the recipe some quick tips: wash okra well and pat dry with a tissue paper to avoid the webby-gooey stuff while cooking. I usually wash them the previus night and pread them on kitchen towel to make them dry at ease.
- 12 nos Okra | Lady's Finger
- 3 tablespoon Rice Bran Oil
- as per taste Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- few Curry Leaves
- Chop the okra to half inch pieces.
- Chop 4 okra at a time and fry the batch in 3 tablespoon of rice bran oil.
- Okra should become crisp and dark green.
- Repeat the same for 12 okra's.
- Remove the fried okra and set aside.
- In the same wok with the balance oil add curry leaves.
- Add fried okra and add chilly powder and salt.
- Toss them to coat the salt and chilly powder well.
- Serve with pulao or roti (hot or pack it for lunch)
- TIP: If packing for lunch, let the okra cool down else the okra will sweat and become soggy.