Spicy Mushroom Biriyani
The past week had been so busy with many occasions to participate. Most of the days were filled with heavy non vegetarian dishes. The Sunday was a strict vegetarian day and I was in no mood to cook. I made this spicy mushroom biriyani with javarisi vadam and curd rice. Oh! the onion raita was there too!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 35 min
- 500 g Rice (Jeeragasamba)
- 300 g Mushroom
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Powder
- few Salt
- 150 ml Oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 nos Clove
- 2 nos Cardamom
- 1 leaf Bay Leaf
- 4 nos Tomato
- 1 no Onion
- 500 ml Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Mint
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- 3 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- Wash mushroom and clean and cut them into 2 pieces.
- Wash rice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cinnamon, clove, cardamom, bay leaf, poppy seeds and mint.
- When a nice aroma arises add onion, salt.
- When onion caramelizes add ginger garlic paste.
- Let the raw smell goes add red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala.
- Add salt and fry them well.
- Add mushroom and toss to coat masala evenly.
- (Blend 4 tomatoes into fine paste).
- Add tomato paste, coconut mil and check salt.
- Let the mix boil, add rice and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once pressure comes down, open the cooker and toss gently.
- Serve hot with javarisi vadam.