My little one is never adamant or demanding. If he asks me to cook something, I would do it most of times. If I tell no, he would say "Ok! Mom". For the past 2 days he wanted chocolate cake, but I had no time to bake. Then I thought of making chocolate paniyaram and made it yesterday for dinner. He loved the chocolate paniyaram for its warm spongy nature inside and crispy crust.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
Total time: 21 minutes
Yield: 7 chocolate paniyaram
- 100 g Maida or All Purpose Flour
- 25 g Cocoa Powder
- 75 g Powdered Sugar
- 5 g Baking soda
- 50 ml Milk
- 50 ml Oil
- 20 ml Ghee
- a pinch Salt
- In a bowl, mix maida, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and baking soda.
- Add salt, oil and milk and mix with a spoon to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a paniyaram pan and add ghee to each cavity.
- Once the pan is well heated simmer and pour chocolate batter.
- Let it get cooked for 8 minutes.
- Now gently turn around and let it cook for another 8 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and enjoy.