Wheat Cake Paniyaram
You must have read my Kinder Garden Brunch Box Ideas post, this is my innovation in making wheat cake batter for paniyaram. This dish is served as brunch for my 4 year old. Hence I have omitted baking soda and have added just a tiny drop of vanilla essence. Everything else are natural ingredients.
This is the first time I am making it. I wanted to know if he likes it, so I made it the previous day evening and let him have it. He liked it very much and had 4 of them right away. I was happy and made a fresh batch for morning. Let me see if he had finished his brunch box today.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 paniyaram
- 150 g Wheat
- 50 g Butter
- 100 g Powdered white sugar
- 1 drop Vanilla Essence
- 150 ml Full Fat Milk
- 2 Eggs
- In a bowl beat butter to a creamy light consistency. The color of butter will become off white.
- Add powdered sugar and continue besting.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add whole wheat flour and continue to beat.
- Add milk and beat to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Heat a paniyaram pan and pour batter.
- After pouring batter simmer flame and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add ghee to make paniyaram more tasty.
- Flip over the other side.
- Continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate.
I have used the following: