Pasta with Vegetables in Tomato Sauce
Its been very long since I made Pasta. I always love to add a lot of vegetables to pasta when I make it at home. This is very simple and easy to prepare recipe. I love this tomato sauce coated Pasta with crunchy vegetables in between. What is you favorite?
Pasta | Macroni - 100 g
Water- 4 cups (for boiling)
Salt- as per taste.
Vegetables- 1 cup finely chopped (I have used carrot , beans)
Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp
Green Chilly sauce- 1 tbsp
Sugar- 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Garlic- 5 pods
- In a wide wok boil 4 cups of water. Add salt to water.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes till pasta is completely cooked.
- Drain the water completely and wash with cold water, drain and set set aside.
- Boil tomato in some water and salt and peel the skin off.
- Grind the blanched tomato in a mixer grinder to make a puree and set aside.
- Finely chop garlic. Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add chopped garlic and fry for 2 minutes till garlic looses its raw smell.
- Add finely chopped vegetables and cook with little salt till vegetables are half cooked. (Note that the pasta is already salted)
- Add tomato puree, tomato ketchup and green chilly sauce and cook till the sauce thickens well.
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix well till pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot. Add some grated cheese as topping if you like.