Shahi Chicken Biriyani
There was a tiny cooking contest in family for a get together. I made this Shahi Chicken Biriyani and paired it with the Lebanese Lemon Fried Chicken. It was awesome and all of us relished it.
Biriyani Rice or Basmati Rice- 2 cups
Water- 2 cups
Oil- 5 tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
Fried onion- for garnishing
Curd- 2 cup (Sour Curd)
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Chilly Powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
Salt-as per taste
- To prepare the Shahi Chicken Biriyani first wash and clean chicken.
- Marinate chicken with curd, salt, ginger garlic paste, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and keep aside for 30 min.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and fry cinnamon, clove, cardamom, star anise and onion.
- Add marinated chicken and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Add turmeric and rice and cook for another 15 minutes along with 2 cups of water.
- Once the pressure comes down the yummy Shahi Chicken Biriyani is all ready.
- Add some fried onion and serve hot with Lebanese Lemon Fried Chicken.