Ridge Gourd ChutneyRidge Gourd was my enemy from childhood. I do not like it. So I have never made anything with it until one day where I tasted a chutney in a paniyaram stall which was green in color. I thought it was some mint or coriander chutney but then when I asked them they mentioned it as Ridge Gourd Chutney I was shocked.
It tasted yumm so I hunted for the recipe and found our from my friends grandma. I hope you will love this recipe too.
Ridge Gourd- 1 cup
Black gram or Bengal gram- 1/2 cup
Garlic- 3 pods
Red Chilly- 4
Tamarind- 1 small gooseberry size
Salt- As per taste
Oil- 1 tbsp
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves- Few
Urad dhall- 1 tbsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
- Clean Ridge gourd, remove the pulp and seeds.
- Cut the thick outer cover into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry ridge gourd with bengal gram or black gram with salt till half cooked.
- Grind the fried ingredients along with garlic, chilly, tamarind to a smooth paste.
- In another kadai splutter mustard, urad dhall and curry leaves.
- Fry till urad dhall becomes golden brown.
- Add to chutney and serve hot with Adai or Dosa.
Idly Recipes: Dosa Recipes:
Soft Idly Ragi Dosa