A little about Ragi and its health benefits:
It is finger millet. Ragi is very good for health thats why it is given even for infants. It is very cooling for the body.A boon to working women:
Each day thinking what to make for dinner or breakfast is real issue for most of us. This Ragi dosa requires no fermentation and hence you can leave it to soak in the morning and evening when you come back from work just wash and run through the mixer grinder and instantly make this Ragi dosa. Healthy, filling and tasty.
Ragi- 1 kg
Idly Rice- 250 g
Black gram- 100 g
Small Onion- 5 to 10
Green Chilly- 3
Salt- to taste
Water for soaking
Water for grinding
- Soak ragi, rice and black gram in enough water for 4 to 6 hours.
- Wash the soaked ingredients (namely the ragi, rice and black gram) well and grind them with onion, green chilly and cumin in batches in a mixer grinder with little water.
- When the ragi batter is ready add little more water to get the ragi batter to pouring consistency.
- Add salt and heat a tawa.
- Pour ragi batter and spread it.
- Cook till both sides are crisp.
- Serve the Ragi Dosa hot with chutney of your choice.
Other Idly Recipes: Other Recipes: