Goan Chicken Curry
This goan chicken curry is a very easy and quick recipe. Very yummy and a regular menu for surprise guests. Also goes well with both rice and roti. You can never dislike the awesome taste of this.
Chicken- 1.5 kg
Onion- 5 (big)
Ginger garlic paste- 3 tbsp
Chilly powder- 3 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder- 5 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
Coconut milk- 4 cups (250 ml cup)
Oil- 6 tbsp
- Finely chop onions.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker fry onions and ginger garlic (until onion turns golden brown)
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, salt.
- Add chicken and pressure cook for 3 to 5 whistles (I cooked for 3).
- Open the pressure cooker after pressure comes down then add coconut milk and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now check salt and adjust accordingly.
- Serve hot with roti/Chapati/Pulao/Rice/Dosa/Aapam.