Fish Curry Kerala Style
Sunday special was Fish Curry- Kerala Style. Moms way of making it. You can actually drink the curry its so creamy and yummy. Fish like salmon, sardine, mackerel suit well for this recipe. Let quick hop into the yummy recipe.Ingredients:
Mackerel (Aila fish) - 1/2 kg
Chopped Ginger- 1 tbsp
Green chilly- 4
Coconut milk- 2 cups (1st milk)
Coconut milk- 1 cup (2nd milk)
Chilly Powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Coconut Oil- 3 tbsp
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
Tamarind extract - 1 cup
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai (preferable earthen pot).
- Add green chillies and ginger, fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add onions (slit lengthwise) and salt and cook till onions are soft.
- Add tamarind extract, chilly powder and coriander powder.
- Add fish and cook till fishes are half cooked.
- Now add coconut milk 2nd milk and let it boil till fish is completely cooked.
- Add 2 cups of 1 st milk and let it just heat up and not boil. Put off the flame and add curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice and fish fry or fish roast.