Dry Fish Fry | Unakka Meen Varathadhu | Karuvadu Fry
Dry Fish Fry | Unakka Meen Varathadhu | Karuvadu Fry - So have you tasted dry fish of Shark?? If you have then you know how tasty this dish is right?! Oh wait.. You have not tasted then you must. This is Shark Dry fish called a Sura in tamil and Srave in Malayalam. Karuvadu is dry fish in Tamil and Unakameen in malayalam for dry fish.
If you have this you can gulp down a big pot of rice. So what goes well with this is hot rice and fish curry, a simple rasam and rice and the best combo would be rice porridge.
Picture: Green Gram Gravy with Dry Fish Fry
Ingredients for making Dry Fish Fry | Unakka Meen Varathadhu | Karuvadu Fry:
(Srave) Unakameen- 250 g (Shark Dry Fish)
Chilly powder- 2 tbsp
Oil- 5 tbsp
- Soak dry fish in water for 2 hours.
- Drain water and remove hard skin of Dry Fish , chop into small pieces.
- Add chilly powder to the Soaked Dry fish and marinate for 30 minutes minimum.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated Dry Fish for 3 minutes total.
- Serve with rice/Porridge.