Soy is a favorite easy to cook ingredient of my home. I mean the soy chunks. I make n number of recipes from them. Some highlights are Soy deep fry, Soy Biriyani, Soy mint gravy, Sauteed Soy. Now the main coarse for dinner was egg noodles. I had to make a dish that goes well with this. I wanted to make chicken manchurian but I thought I will make a veg manchurian and hence zeroed to soy. So here comes the recipe of the yummy easy soy manchurian.
Soy chunks- 100 g
Water- to boil soy
Salt- added while boiling
For marination of Soy:
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Oil- for deep frying
For the Sauce:
Garlic- 10 pods
Green chilly- 2
Pepper- 1 tsp
Chilly sauce (green)- 1 tsp
Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp
Water- 1/2 cup
Oil- 3 tbsp
- Boil soy chunks in enough water and salt.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Marinate the soy with chilly powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry soy chunks that are marinated till crisp.
- Keep aside the fried soy.
- Cut capsicum into big pieces and deep fry them and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry finely chopped garlic and green chillies.
- Add onions, salt, pepper and fry till crisp.
- Add chilly sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar, sugar water and cook for 2 mins.
- Add fried capsicum and fried soy chunks and coat them well with sauce.
- Serve hot with egg noodles.
Other Soy Recipes: Other Manchurian Recipes: