I recently noticed in many chaat shops they give this masala idly. It was so yummy and filling. I have so far made Idly upma, Chilly idly with left over idlies. Had this masala idly in mind. As I had around 12 idlies left over, I made these masala idlies and in no time it vanished. This could be a good evening snack for kids especially after school.
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Oil- 4 tbsp
Garam Masala- 2 tbsp
Chilly powder- 1 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Namkken/Mixture- 1 cup
Chaat Masala- 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves- few
- Chop idlies into cubes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add mustard and let them crackle.
- Add onions and tomato, fry them well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and toss them till the raw smell goes.
- Add chilly powder, garam masala and salt.
- Add cubed idlies and toss them will masala is fully coated.
- Transfer contents to a bowl.
- Add coriander leaves, chat masala and toss them well.
- Serve hot with mixture/Namkeen as topping.