Bitter gourd Stir Fry |Pavakkai Poriyal| Pavakka Upperi
I love bitter gourd. I really like the bitter taste of it. I make 4 varieties of them and here is version no 1. Easy to make and really yummy. Goes well with rice and chapattis too.
Bitter Gourd- 2
Curry Leaves- Few
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Oil- 3 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Chilly powder- 1 tbsp
- Wash and wipe bitter gourd dry.
- Slit the bitter-gourd into two halves vertically.
- Remove the seeds.
- Chop bitter gourd into fine pieces.
- Chop onions into fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add mustard and let them crackle.
- Next add curry leaves and onion and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add bitter gourd and salt and fry for 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomato and cover the pan with a lid and simmer the flame.
- Cook for 5 mins.
- Now turn the flame to high, add chilly powder and cook for 3 min with constant stirring.
- Remove from stove and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve hot with Steaming Rice and ghee.