As a proud member of the : HOME BAKER'S CHALLENGE our first challenge was Pizza. I was gifted a tandoor oven by my aunt which is a specialist for tandoor items and Pizza. There is nothing to adjust or set in it. Everything is preset and all it has is an ON/OFF switch.
The pizza was super yummy and came out really well. Because the tray was rectangular I made a rectangular Pizza.
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart
For the Base:
All purpose Flour- 2 cups
Warm water- 1/2 cup
Milk- 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Active Dry Yeast- 7 g
For the topping:
Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
Chilly Garlic Sauce- 1 tbsp
Cheese- 50 g
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Make a dough with all purpose flour, oil, salt sugar, milk, yeast and water.
- Let the dough sit for an hour in a warm place.
- The dough will raise to double volume.
- Knead it again and let it sit for another 1 hour.
- Now take a baking tray and flatten the kneaded dough.
- Spread sauce evenly.
- Meanwhile thin slice onion, tomato and capsicum.
- Spread them on the sauce evenly.
- Top it up with cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes till the crust turns golden brown.
- Yummy Pizza is ready.