Sev/Idiyappam is my favorite. I love to have it plain with mutton curry, stew and I love the flavored ones like the Lemon Sev and the Coconut Sev. Yesterday I made the tomato flavored Sev. It was so good. Here comes the wonderful Recipe.
Sev- 2 packets
Oil- 3 tbsp
Garlic- 3 pods
Green Chilly- 2
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
Chilly Powder- 1 tsp
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Jeera- 1 tbsp
Bengal Gram- 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves- Few
- Finely chop onions, garlic, green chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry curry leaves, mustard, jeera, bengal gram.
- Add garlic, green chillies and fry well.
- Add onion and saute till onion turns golden brown.
- Add tomato salt and cook till tomatoes and soft and done.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Once this masala is dry enough add sev and mix well till masala is fully coated.
- Yummy Tomato Sev ready.