Mushroom Veg BiriyaniThe main coarse of Yesterdays lunch was this Mushroom Veg Biriyani. The main critic my husband gave 85 on 100 for this which is a great score from him according to me. The combo for this was Chilly Chicken and please check that too.
Biriyani Rice (Jeeraga Samba)- 250 g
Ginger Garlic Paste-2 tbsp
Cinnamon- 1 inch
Khus Khus- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Chilly Powder- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder- 2 tbsp
Curd- 250 ml
Tomato- 4 (ripe)
Oil- 100 ml
- Grind curd and tomatoes together to make a smooth paste.
- Chop onions, carrot, beans and Mushroom.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cinnamon, clove, cardamom and khus khus (poppy seeds).
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Add onion, salt and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add chilly powder, garam masala and coriander powder.
- Add mushrooms, carrot, beans and toss them well.
- NOW measure the ground paste in a cup and add it completely (for me it was 2 glasses)
- Measure rice in the same cup (for me it was 2 glasses of rice).
- Add this 2 glasses of tomato curd paste to the cooker.
- Add 2 glasses of water.
- Add washed rice and check salt and adjust now.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure come down open and stir gently.
- Serve hot with Chilly Chicken and Salad.
Points to be Noted:
- Instead of jeeraga samba rice, use basmathi rice.
- Do not soak rice prior to cooking.
- Measurement to cook this rice is 1 cup rice 2 cups of water (liquid).
- If your not confident of rice sticking, then dry roast rice with 1 tbsp ghee for 3 minutes and then cook, rice wont stick.
- Cut mushroom as thick slices.