Summer is here loads of mango on the backyard. Time for Mango Recipes. Mango pickle is one good way to have mango throughout the year. Then comes mango rice, sardine mango curry, ripe mango curry, aam paana. This is my granma's method of preparing and its so simple and yummy.
Raw Mango- 2 (Sour one preferred)
Chili powder- 2 tbsp
Salt- 3 tbsp
Turmeric- 1 tbsp
Coconut oil- 1/2 cup
Asofetida- 1 tsp
- Peel and chop onions to fine pieces.
- Take a clean bowl, place chopped mangoes.
- Pour oil.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt.
- Mix well with a clean spoon.
- Cover the vessel with a plate and leave it for 10 hours.
- Then transfer content to a clean glass bottle and refrigerate.
- Use a clean dry spoon each time you take the pickle.
- Serve with curd rice.