Hello all.. Yesterday was a holiday (May Day) after a very looooong time. I was eager to cook something relaxed (without a hurry) . While planning the menu I had to keep my 15 month old in mind who now wants to eat by himself. So the menu was Mushroom Veg Biriyani, Salad, Chilly Chicken, Curd Rice and Pappad.
I made boneless chilly chicken keeping my LO in mind. Also I did not use any readymade powders all were just home ground (including the chilly powder) (Mother u c;) ).As easy and simple lets hop into the yummy recipe.
Boneless Chicken- 500 g
Chilly Powder- 1 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
Oil- for deep frying.
- Wash and clean Chicken pieces.
- Squeeze the washed chicken well and place it in a bowl.
- Add egg, gg paste, salt, chilli powder.
- Marinate them well.
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- When oil is hot enough, deep fry marinated chicken until crisp (10 minutes)
- Drain excess oil and pour lemon juice over and give a quick toss.
- Serve hot with Mushroom Veg Biriyani and Salad.
Points to be noted:
- Squeeze out excess water off chicken after washing or the marination will not bind good.
- Let oil get heated up well but do not let it reach smoking point.
- If you want chicken to be red, add food color.