Chetinad Chicken Fry
Sunday Special dish is this Chettinad Chicken Fry. I made just rasam and rice and this chicken fry was the side dish. Its a kind of dry recipe with loads of crunchy onions and curry leaves. Wonderful side dish for pulao and biriyani too.
Ginger garliuc paste-2 tbsp
Jeera- 1 tsp
Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
Chilly powder- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Oil- for deep frying
Curry Leaves- 1 cup
Pepper powder- 1 tbsp
- Wash chicken and place it in a bowl.
- Powder cumin pepper fennel chilly powder and garam masala to a fine powder using a mixer grinder.
- Marinate chicken with 1 egg, ginger garlic paste and this powdered masala (do not add salt).
- Set aside for 30 minutes minimum.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Just before frying the marinated chicken add salt and mix well
- Deep fry in hot oil and keep aside.
- Finely chop onions.
- Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pan fry curry leaves, onion till golden brown.
- Add fried chicken and pepper and toss.
- Transfer to serving plate and enjoy.
Other Chicken Recipes: