Wheat DumplingsUsually with Atta (Wheat Flour) what have you made? Chapati/Roti, Puris, Dosha what else!! When I was served this as a snack for tea. I was impressed by the taste and I wondered what it is. It was very tasty and the crunchy roasted urad dhall in between added more flavor that I did not look up till I finished the bowl.
Then when I inquired about the recipe I was astonished to know that it was made from atta. Then I knew it from my friends mom that they make this quite often for kids as evening snack after they return from school. Wheat is very good for health and this amazingly tasting wheat dumpling are just wonders for kids.
This is a very healthy and easy dish. Kids will love it. A good snack, tummy filler- brunch and a good lunchbox recipe. This is my favorite.
Atta- 250 gms
Water- 4 cups for boiling dumplings
Salt as per taste
Oil- 4 tbsp
Urad dhal- 1/2 cup
Bengal gram- 1/2 cup
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
Red chillies- 1/2 cup
- Take atta, salt in a bowl.
- knead them with 150 ml of water to make a soft dough.
- Make thick rolls of atta and keep aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Add these rolls and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and let the dumplings cool down a bit.
- Cut the dumpling into tiny slices.
- Heat a kadai with 4 tbsp oil.
- Fry mustard and curry leaves.
- Add urad dhal, bengal gram and red chillies and fry them well till a nice arome arises.
- Add these dumpling and toss for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Yummy wheat dumlings ready.
Points to be noted:
- Water should be boiling well when adding rolls of atta.
- Let them cook for not less than 12 minutes.
- You can add some soy flour or ragi to the atta to increase its nutritional value.