Simple Soy GravyMy place had surprise visit of Rain. It was so heavy, beautiful and a relief for this scorching summer. So the time was 7 00 pm and the climate was so chill. I was lazy to cook. My dad suggested to do a soy gravy. Even I felt it was so long since I made anything with Soy Chunks and made a simple gravy for Dosa.
It was good simple and tasty went well with hot dosa's on the rainy night.
Soy chunks- 100 g
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
Salt-as per taste
- Soak soy chunks in hot water with salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain water and squeeze out the chunks.
- Cut each chunk into 2 or 4 and keep aside.
- Chop onion and tomato to fine pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till the raw smell goes.
- Add onion and salt and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they are coked.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, add chilly powder, coriander powder and toss them well.
- Add soy chunks and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water if you want more gravy.
Points to be noted:
- Add 1 potato to the gravy if you want a thicker gravy.
Other Soy Recipes: