Simple Chicken Curry
I had a sudden visit of guests and the number of kids were more. What can I think other than chicken to make the tiny tots have dinner without any fuss. Then I cooked up this Chicken Curry which is very easy to prepare and very yummy with Rice/Roti.
As expected the kids and the elders just loved it and it was a hit for dinner. Hope I would repeat doing this again for tiny get together s and surprise guest visit.
Chicken- 1 kg
Onion- 7 (big)
Ginger garlic paste- 3 tbsp
Vegetable Oil- 5 tbsp
Chilly powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 3 tbsp
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Pepper- 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Chop onions into fine pieces.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till a raw smell goes.
Add onion and salt and fry till onion turns golden brown.
Add chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add cleaned chicken and pressure cook for 5 whistles ( 15 min approx) .
NOTE: No adding water to cook chicken as chicken will ooze out water.
After 5 whistles, put off the flame and let the cooker cool down to room temperature.
Open up and serve hot with rice or idly or chapatti.
- Onion is the only base of the gravy, so increase/decrease onion on the basis of your need.
- Do not add coconut paste /milk to this gravy as the rich flavor will vanish.
- Instead of adding garam masala you can add spices as such because my guests were kids I skipped spices and added garam masala.
- Adding fresh spices gives an extra taste.
- You can add a tbsp of coconut oil for an extra flavor.