Ripe Mango Curry | Manga KutanMango Gravy is a sweet gravy and goes well with hot rice. This is a traditional dish of Kerala and this is my mom's favorite. The recipe is very simple and the taste is just heavenly.
Ripe Mango- 1 cup Chopped
Ripe mango- 2 whole ones with stone
Jeera- 1 tsp
Curd- 1 cup
Rock Slat as per taste
Mustard- 1 tsp
Curry Leaves- few
Fenugreek- 1 tsp
Urad Dhall- 1 tsp
- Heat a kadai and add mangoes to it.
- Add 1 cup water and rock salt and let the mangoes cook for 10 minutes or till mushy.
- Meanwhile, grind coconut, jeera, mustard, red chilli to a smooth paste.
- When the mango is cooked, add the ground coconut paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add curd and put off the flame.
- Give a quick stir.
- Take another kadai and fry mustard, curry leaves , fenugreek and urad dhall.
- Add it over the gravy.
- Serve hot with rice and papadam.
Points to be Noted: