Olan | Vishu SpecialVishu is here, time for celebration and relishing vishu special items. In the "Sadhya"- a fabulous Kerala Meal olan is never missed out. Its such a yummy dish with rice.
Yellow Pumpkin- 1
Coconut Milk- 1 cup
Curry leaves- few
Green chillies- 3
Water 1 cup
Coconut oil- 3 tbsp
- Peel and chop both pumpkins and cut into small pieces.
- Pressure cook pumpkins, green chillies and curry leaves along with 1/2 cup water for 3 whistles.
- Simmer the flame and add coconut milk and coconut oil.
- Put off the flame.
- Mix well and serve hot with rice.
Points to be noted:
- Pumpkins must be well cooked for the dish to be tasty.
- Coconut milk should be first milk only.
- Do not allow coconut milk to boil as coconut milk will curdle.
- Adding coconut oil will give a wonderful taste.