Mango Cheesecake | Eggless | No BakeToday I am all delighted to post this cheese cake as a part of BAKING PARTNERS. To know more about the team and to Join click HERE.
This was a little challenging and because of some reasons I had to go for the No Bake version. Yet I will doing the other 2 versions soon.
Coming to the recipe
Eggless Mango Cheesecake Recipe ( DivineTaste.com) suggested by Swetha of Experiments, Emotions , Experiences with Food.
I did not have a spring form pan so I lined the tray with parchment paper even on the sides. Because we are just 2 + 1 toddler I made half of the quantity from the original recipe
1 cup- Powdered Marie Light Biscuits
1 cup- Unsalted butter
1/2 cup- powdered sugar ( Increase the sugar if you want more sweetness)
1.5 cups thick full cream yogurt
1 cup- paneer ( cottage cheese- I made fresh home made paneer with 1/2 litre full fat milk)
3/4 cup- water
10 gm Chinagrass (This is were i got confused, i dont have a weighing scale and china grass was like strands I could not measure with spoon too) the pack dint have net weight, I just guessed the 10 gms :)
1/2 cup Mango (ripe) peeled, chopped and pureed
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze:
1 mango (1/2 cup), peeled, chopped and pureed
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
- Place the yogurt in a clean cotton cloth for 4 hours to drain excess water.
- Line the tray with parchment paper and keep it ready. In a bowl combine powdere biscuit and butter (melted) and make a moist pack.
- Press it evenly into the base of the prepared tray. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Break the china grass into small pieces and soak in 1 1/2 cups water for about 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
- In a Mixer grinder add the strained yogurt and paneer and grind until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the mango puree over a medium flame. Do not allow this to boil.
- In another saucepan place the chinagrass and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely, about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
- After the chinagrass melts completely, pour the hot china grass solution into the hotmango puree, stirring all the while.
- Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- When it begins to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Allow to come to room temperature and then spread the glaze over the cheesecake with a spoon.
- Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or more before slicing it.
- Allow the cheesecake to set for an hour or so before spreading the glaze over it.
- The cake sets faster in less than 20 minutes.
- The cake should be refrigerated and not freezed. (I froze it)
- The crust can be made thicker if desired as per your choice.
- I used Marie biscuits but any biscuits/crackers can be used.