KhandhaviApril Month Challenge for the Southern Team is Khandhavi- Gujarti's Famous Farsan. Though not upto the mark I managed to roll it. The taste was just awesome and thanks to Divya and Gujarathi Zaika for giving this wonderful recipe as a challenge.
Recipe Source: Gujarathi Zaika
Besan- 1 cup
Curd- 1 cup
Water- 1/2 cup
Salt- as per taste
Sugar- 1 tsp
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Mustard- 1 tsp
Green chillies- 4
Asofetida- 1 tsp
Coconut shredded- 2 tbsp
Chat Masala- 1 tsp
Coriander leaves- few
- In a bowl mix besan, curd, water, sugar, salt, turmeric and mix to make a lump free smooth paste.
- Heat a kadai and pour this batter and keep stirring over low flame till mixture thickens well.
- Spread the batter on a flat surface.
- Make markings with a knife as shown in the picture.
- Roll it into khandhavis.
- Heat another kadai with oil and fry mustard, curry leaves, asafotida.
- Add the tempered mixture to the khandhavis and garnish with grated coconut and coriander.
- I sprinkled some chat masala too.
Points to be noted:
- The batter should become thick to roll out khandhavis.
- Spread the batter on a flat surface when hot and roll over once the batter cools down.