Coriander Chutney/ThuvayalCoriander means a refreshing flavor. For the summer adding more of it is cooling to the body. It is better to grow some in our kitchen garden by sowing some raw coriander seeds. I love the fresh coriander leaves taste and for its rich flavor and aroma it is used in garnishing and salads. This thovial is a wonderful way of consuming fresh coriander leaves.
Coriander leaces- 1 cup
Urad dhall- 1/2 cup
Green Chillies- 2
Salt as per taste
Tamarind- a small piece
- Clean and separate coriander leaves.
- Its better to avoid the stems but again its optional.
- Fry the urad dhall till crisp.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer grinder and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Add a tsp of lemon juice just before serving (Optional)
- Serve with some vegetable samosas.
Points to be noted:
- This chutney can be made with the coriander leaves alone.
- You can omit the stems if you want your chutney to be smooth.
- Adding stems makes the chutney more fibrous and is good for our health.
- Adding a hint of Lemon Juice gives an extra taste.
- Usage of tamarind can be omitted as per your choice.