There is a huge story behind the preparation of this dish. I actually planned to make a chocolate cake with chocolate glazing. So I mixed and baked my cake. In the midst of baking my oven went wrong and the cake cracked. When I tried cutting it, the cake began crumbling.
I was all set with the glazing and was shocked to see my cake crumbling. Guess what, I used some butter and made the crumbled chocolate into spheres and topped them with the glaze. Named them Choco Spheres. So lets see this amazing Recipe.
Ingredients: (for the sphere)
All purpose Flour- 1/5 cups
Sugar- 1 cup
Cocoa- 2 tbsp
Instant coffee powder- 1 tbsp
Baking Soda- 1.5 tsp
Milk- 1 cup
Butter- 1 cup
- Powder Sugar to a fine powder using a mixer grinder.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, coffee powder and powdered sugar.
- Add milk and butter and mix well to make a lump free batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pour in the batter.
- Pre heat oven and bake the cake till the center of the cake comes out clean when pricked with a skewer.
- Remove the cake from the tray and crumble them.
- Have some melted butter handy and roll the cakes to make balls (Spheres).
Ingredients for the glaze:
Butter- 1/2 cup
Cocoa- 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Prepare the Glaze:
- Heat a pan with butter.
- Add cocoa, vanilla essence and stir well to make a smooth paste.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and stir briskly till sugar melts.
- Dip chocolate spheres in this or pour the glaze over the choco spheres and let it cool.
- Yummy choco spheres is all ready.
Points to be Noted:
- The coffee powder usage is optional.
- The glaze thickens faster if it cools down to room temperature hence mix it up when it is piping hot.
- The chocolate cake can be made into balls with butter only if it is melted to get perfect spheres.