Brinjal Stir Fry
Egg Plant is a very tricky vegetable where in it can be tasted best when done perfect or it will just turn soggy and not favored by all. I make Kathrika Bhaji often. And for Variety rice I make this brinjal fry and this crispy pieces is a good combo with any pulao and best suited for packed lunch ideas.
Onion- 2 (big)
Chilly powder- 1 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
- Wash and chop brinjal/eggplant into tiny pieces (as shown in the pic).
- Soak them in water to prevent darkening.
- Chop onions into tiny pieces.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Fry onion till golden brown.
- Add chilly powder and salt and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the brinjal after draining the water.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then with occasional stirring cook for 10 minutes till brnjal/ eggplant is roasted and crisp.
- Serve hot with Puliogare.
Points to be Noted:
- The ratio of brinjal to onion is 2 big onions for every 10 brinjals.
- Do not add water throughout the recipe.
- Once brinjal is half cooked under closed condition, cook in open flame to make it crispier.