Bhindhi Stir Fry
Bhindhi/Okra/Lady's finger can be made crispier which enhances its taste so much, that its hard to resist. There are some wonderful bhindhi recipes like this Stir Fry which is best with variety rice/ curd rice. There is one salad with Bhindhi and Stuffed Bhindhi too. There are certain bottlenecks in preparing Bhindhi. I will share the recipe of Bhindhi stir fry and will share some tips to overcome those bottle necks.
Lady's Finger/Okra/Bhindhi- 1/2 kg
Curry leaves- 10- 15
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil- 3 tbsp
- Wash bhindhi (Lady s Finger) and wipe dry.
- Cut into 1/2 inch pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry curry leaves till crisp.
- Add bhindhi and fry them on high flame by stirring in between till bhindhis are cooked and crisp.
- Do not cover the bhindhis.
- Once bhindhis are completely cooked and crisp add salt and chilly powder.
- Toss for a minutes and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot with any variety rice of your choice.
Here are the tips to attain perfect bhindhi fry:
- Bhindhi/Okra should be washed and wiped dry with a kitchen towel before cooking.
- It should not be wet at all before cooking.
- This is because if its wet it will give a gummy substance while cooking.
- That is why even while cooking, open cooking is done no covering with lid.
- This again will bring moisture and the web formation will happen thereby making the dish soggy.
- Also add salt at the end of the recipe or even just before serving will do.
- Some suggest to add curd to avoid those web formation, I tried that it worsens the issue.