I was actually planning to make a vanilla sponge cake. My toddler loves Banana a lot. The day happened so that I bought a dozen of Bananas and so did my Husband. What am I supposed to do with so much bananas. The scorching heat would turn them unpalatable in a day or two.
Since I was all set to bake, I planned to use some of them for my cake and make Banana Cake. That is how it happened. The vanilla cake turned to banana cake.
Banana puree- 1 cup (4 bananas)
Maida- 250 gms
Milk- 1 cup
Baking soda-2 tsp
Butter- 1/2 cup
- Sieve maida, powdered sugar and baking soda.
- Add banana puree, milk, honey, butter and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Pre heat oven.
- Grease a baking pan with parchment paper greased with butter.
- Pour in the cake batter and bake for 30 min.
- Prick the centre with a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked.
- The toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Points to be noted:
- Bananas need to ripe to use it up.
- Usage of 4 bananas gave a good banana flavor to the cake.
- If you want to have vanilla flavor more then reduce the banana's to be added.
- Banana slices can be added to the base of baking tray for an extra crunch of bananas.