Sweet MomosSweet Momos can never be disliked by anyone. If you have not tasted one, its time to try it out. A very simple traditional recipe.
Rice flour- 2 cups
Salt a pinch
Coconut- 1 cup
Jaggery- 1.5 cups
Water- 1/2 cup
- Damp rice flour in water and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan with jaggery.
- Add 2 tbsp water and melt the jaggery to a syrup.
- Add coconut and fry them to make a tight mixture.
- Put off the flame and let it cool.
- Now take a ball of damp rice flour and flatten it.
- Stuff it with the coconut filling.
- Close the filling with the flour.
- Steam in idly vessel for 20 minutes.
- Yummy sweet momos ready.
Points to be Noted:
- To Prepare Rice Flour: Soak Raw rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and spread on a clean cotton cloth and let it dry under fan for 4 hours.
- Dry grind this rice to a fine powder.
- Dry Roast in a kadai till dry and roasted.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Sieve if necessary and store in air tight container.
- The rice flour can be prepared and stored in air tight containers and used as and when necessary to make these momos.
- You can use fresh coconut or copra powder for this.