Soy Mint GravySoy chunks is my favorite. But I had never had it in the form of a gravy till off late when I visited a village for NSS purpose and I had to have breakfast from a canteen in there. I had chapathi and this gravy. I was surprised to know that soy chunks were so tasty in the gravy with perfect masala.
With the taste I decided to try it out by guessing the ingredients. The gravy had big chunks but I made with tiny ones. This was a hit at home and am sure I will be doing this many a times in future.
Mini soy chunks- 200 gms
Mint- 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 4 tbsp
Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Khus Khus- 1/2 tsp
Coconut- 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Oil- 3 tbsp
Water- 1/2 cup
- Boil soy chunks with some salt for 2 mins in boiling water.
- Heat oil in a pan fry onion, ginger garlic paste.
- Add chilli powder, curry masala, salt and fry well.
- Add tomatoes soy cunks and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Grind mint, coconut and khus khus to a smooth paste.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the pressure cooked gravy.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati
Points to be noted:
- Mint quantity should be increased for more gravy.
- Khus Khus may not suit all so you can omit it if necessary.
- For kids replace chilly powder with pepper.