Simple Yam Fry
This is inspired from my sister's MIL. Yam might not be liked by all. But if u taste it this way. Sure your gonna love it. So how simple is that.
Yam- 1 (500 gms)
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Oil for deep frying.
- Peel the outer skin of yam and cut them into cubes.
- Wash the cubes well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Marinate half-cooked yam with chilli powder and salt and leave it for 30 minutes minimum.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Serve hot with any variety rice or pulao.
Points to be noted:
- Yam should be pre cooked do not attempt to fry them directly with being half cooked.
- While peeling yam apply coconut oil to hands prior to peeling to avoid itch.
- Addition of rice flour/cornflour is suggested for more crispness.