Sardine Curry- with MangoI love seafood and exploring new recipes in sea food is my hobby. This is a recipe of sardine in gravy made with raw sour mango.
Sardine- 1 kg
Mango- 1/2 kg (raw and sour)
Turmeric- 1 tbsp
Chillipowder- 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Coconut oil- 3 tbsp
Ginger- 1 inch piece
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves- few
Fenugreek - 1 tsp
Coconut- 1 cup
Jeera- 1 tbsp
Water- 1 cup
- Dehead and clean sardine well.
- Cut mango into cubes (with peel or without peel is upto us)
- Grind coconut and jeera to make a smooth paste.
- Chop onions.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry curry leaves, fenugreek and mustard.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add mango and water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric, salt and fish.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add ground coconut-jeera paste.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Put off the flame and serve hot with rice.
Points to be noted:
- Sour raw mangoes are best suited for this.
- If the mangoes you use are not sour you will have to add tamarind.