Rava IdlyRava Idly is a mandatory dish for South Idian functions and I love it. I always wanted to try it at home and finally got all ready to try it out. This is my first attampt and came out good. I could not find plaintain leaves to cook them.
Rava- 1 cup
Idly dosa batter- 1/4 cup
Curd- 1 cup
Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
Green chillies- 3
Mustard- 1 tsp
Chana dhal- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Chop onion into fine pieces.
- Scrap carrots and keep aside.
- Dry roast rava till a nice aroma arises.
- Heat a kadai with oil and fry curry leaves, mustard, green chillies.
- Add onion salt and fry them well till onions turns golden brown.
- Now add the fried ingredients, raa, batter, curd and mix well along with grated carrots.
- Now heat a idly vessel with water.
- Pour the batter in idly vessel tray and steam them for 15 minutes.
- Remove the idlies and serve hot with your favorite chutney.
Points to be noted:
- It is mandatory to dry roast rava or idlies won't be good.
- You can add a tbsp of ghee while roasting rava for an extra flavor.