Quick Dhall PayasamIt was a lazy Sunday evening that I wanted to have something sweet and there was nothing sweet ready to eat with me. I was wondering what could I make easily. Finally the idea of making a payasam stuck my mind as I had coconut shredded always stocked up in my freezer. I made this in 15 minutes and most of the time was cooking, not much to do. Hope you will like it too just as I did.
Thoor Dhall- 1 cup
Coconut milk- 4 cups
Elachi powder- 1 tsp
Ghee half cup
Salt- a pinch
- Pressure cook dhall and mash it well.
- Heat a heavy pan with ghee.
- Add dhall, coconut milk and let it boil (20 minutes).
- Add sugar and stir for another 10 minutes.
- Add elachi powder and put off the stove.
- Serve in bowls. Yummy payasam ready.
- Add some fried coconut pieces for extra taste
- Dhall should be well cooked and mashed for a tasty payasam.
- If you dhall is cooked but not mushy, cool it down and run through the mixture grinder. Its ok if it becomes a paste.
- Instead of adding fried coconut pieces you can add fried cashews and dry grapes too.