Peas PulaoWho does not like a peas pulao?! This is a good recipe suited with chinese side dish. I make this and have this with gobi manchurian. What do you prefer having with this??
Cooked Rice- 3 cups
Soaked and cooked peas- 2 cups
Jeera- 1 tbsp
Green chillies- 5
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
Cinamon stick- 1
Oil- 53 tbsp
Ghee- 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Mint- 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, green chillies, jeera well.
- Add onions, salt, ginger garlic paste and fry them well till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes.
- Add peas (soaked overnight and pressure cooked) and toss them well.
- Add cooked rice, ghee and mix them well.
- Serve hot with gobi manchurian (Recipe here).
Points to be Noted:
- I have used dry peas, pre soaked for 10 hours.
- You can do this with fresh or frozen green peas too.
- Fresh or frozen peas need not be soaked.
- You can replace this with green peas too.
- To prevent rice from sticking dry fry rice (uncooked) and then cook it in pressure cooker with Rice:water Ratio as 1:2.