Mushroom curry- Kerala StyleMushroom is an occasional visitor of my home. But for its high nutritional value I try to include it at least once in 2 weeks. Each time I try something new like Manchurian mushroom, chilly mushroom, paneer mushroom, mushroom rice, mushroom curry, mushroom pasta and now the traditional mushroom curry.
The recipe of the above said are coming super soon and that this recipe is suited for rice, pulao and chapati, roti, dosha or idlies. Hope you will enjoy the recipe just like I enjoyed tasting it.
Mushroom- 300 gms
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Green chillies- 3
Oil- 2 tbsp+ 2tbsp coconut oil
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 3 tbsp
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
- Chop onions and slit mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Fry curry leaves first.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
- Fry them well and add onion and salt.
- Toss them till onion becomes golden brown.
- Add chilli powder and coriander powder and fry them well in oil.
- Now add slit mushrooms and 200ml water.
- Check salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Let the pressure cool down.
- Transfer contents to a serving bowl.
- Yummy kerala style mushroom curry ready in minutes.
Points to be Noted:
- You can marinate mushroom with the masala powders and cook the recipe in an open vessel.
- If you pre fer a semi gravy cook in oen vessel and let water evaporate.
- Pressure cooking saves time but cook for just 1 whistle to avoid mushrooms turning mushy.