MomosMomos is Ganesh Chaturthi Special dish. Its is very healthy and easy to prepare dish. A good snack and a wonderful tummy filler.
Rice flour- 2 cups
Mustard- 1 tbsp
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
Red chillies- 3
Urad dhal- 1/2 cup
Chana dhal- 1/2 cup
Jeera- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil- 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry mustard, curry leaves.
- Add urad dhall and red chillies fry them well till urad dhall turns golden brown.
- Add green chillies, salt and fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Now put off the stove and add damp rice flour and knead them to make balls.
- Steam the balls using idly vessel for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with tea.
- To Prepare Rice Flour: Soak Raw rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and spread on a clean cotton cloth and let it dry under fan for 4 hours.
- Dry grind this rice to a fine powder.
- Dry Roast in a kadai till dry and roasted.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Sieve if necessary and store in air tight container.
- The rice flour can be prepared and stored in air tight containers and used as and when necessary to make these momos.