Garlic powderThis is a nice recipe if you love spicy hot foods. This is wonderful topping for podi dosa. You can add this to gravies or simply mix it with some coconut oil and have it with dosa or hot ghee rice. But this is not suggested for kids.
Garlic- 10 pods
Coconut- 3 tbsp
Rec chillies- 10
Curry leaves- 1/2 cup
Salt- 1 tsp
Coconut oil- 1 tsp
- Heat a kadai and dry roast curry leaves and red chillies till curry leaves are crisp.
- Add garlic and coconut and roast them well till coconut is dry.
- Crush the ingredients to a coarse powder in a mixer grinder.
- Heat kadai with 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Fry this ground powder to get rid of moisture.
- Add salt now and fry them well.
- Cool and store it in an air tight container.
Points to be Noted:
- You can decrease the amount of coconut.
- This powder can be stored in an air tight container and stored for 15 days.
- Instead of coconut you can copra called dry coconut too.
- This recipe is adapted from my friends mom who says garlic should be roast and ground with the peel. and Hence I have used garlic with the peel.