Traditional Chicken Soup | Kozhi Rasam
Chicken Soup made traditional way has lots of health benefits. I learnt this recipe from my friend's great grandmother who makes this whenever chicken is cooked at home. She adds more garlic and pepper. The soup was very hot, well I have reduced the mount of garlic and pepper. They grind everything in a traditional stone grinder (pestle and mortar type), well I had to do it in a mixer grinder.
This soup is a medicine for cold (both in preventing and curing). Also given to women post partum.Ingredients:
Chicken- 250 g
Red chillies- 3
Cumin | Jeera- 1 tsp
Water- 2 cups
Pepper- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil- 1 tbsp (Preferably gingelly oil)
- Pressure cook chicken with 2 cups of water.
- Remove bones from chicken and divide into 2 parts.
- One part of chicken will be ground and the other part can be chopped and added to the soup.
- Grind garlic, red chillies, cumin, chicken pieces, pepper to a paste in a mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add ground paste and fry them well.
- Add rest of chicken pieces and chicken stock and bring it to boil.
- Serve hot in soup bowls.
- Wonderful cure for cough and cold.