I am not a great fan of Beetroot, but my husband loves it very much. Usually when the menu has Beetroot Poriyal, I make some Bitter Gourd Stir Fry for me. But after making this Beetroot Rice I just love Beetroot. The rice recipe includes mint and tweaks the Beetroot taste a bit making it comfortable for me to eat. Nice way to make little ones eat Beetroot.
Chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Khus khus- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tbsp
Cooked rice -4 cups
Mint leaves-1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 3 tbsp
Oil- 4 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry khus khus and garam masala powder.
- Add onion and beetroot fry them well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till the raw smell goes.
- Add chilli powder salt and toss them well.
- Add tomato and let it cook well till oil seperates on the sides.
- Now add mint leaves and mix with cooked rice.
- Serve hot with raitha
Points to be noted:
- Chop beetroot to tiny pieces for a well flavored rice.
- Addition of tomato is mandatory.
- Ginger garlic paste should be added only after beetroot and tomato gets cooked.
- Adding mint is optional but adds a wonderful flavor to the rice.