Mixed Vegetable Biriyani
The healthy tasty one pot meal. My Achu loves the Biriyani very much. This is a comfort food and a good Lunch Box menu.
Veggies of your choice 2 cups and this is what I used.
Tomatoes- 2 (grind them to a smooth paste)
Ginger-garlic paste- 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves-1/2 cup
Rice- 2 cups
Coconut milk-4 cups
Salt as per taste
- Chop onions lengthwise.
- Grind chillies with cloves, cinnamon, cardamom along with ginger garlic paste to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Fry onion.
- Add coriander and mint, salt and fry them well
- Add the gg paste mixture and tomato paste and cook them well.
- Add vegetables and toss them well.
- Pour in coconut milk and let it boil (check salt and adjust now).
- Add rice and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- When pressure comes down open up and serve hot with Chilli Gobi.