Mint- 1 bunch
Urad dhal- 1/2 cup
Red chillies- 3
Curry Leaves- Few
Tamarind- 1 inch piece
Oil- 3 tbsp
Cooked rice- 2 cups
Jeera (Cumin) - 1 tbsp
Mustard- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Roast urad dhall in oil and keep aside.
- Roast tamarind, mint, green chillies and keep aside.
- Grind fried urad dhal to a coarse powder.
- Grind roasted mint, green chillies, tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry mustard, jeera, curry leaves, red chilly.
- Now add the urad dhall powder, paste of mint and fried mustard, red chiilies to cooked rice and mix well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Serve hot with raitha.
Points to be Noted:
- Use cooked rice which is warm. Cook rice with twice the amount of water.
- Addition of Tamarind is mandatory so try not to skip it.